Multnomah Athletic Club is looking for Lifeguards with availability to work morning shifts starting as early as 4:30am to7:30 am.
$1.00 per hour additional pay will be applied for hours worked between 4:30-7:30 AM!
Under general supervision of the Aquatics Supervisor and Lifeguard Coordinators, MAC lifeguards ensure the safety of members & guests using the aquatic facilities by actively preventing and responding to emergencies. Our members and guests rely on our lifeguards to provide safety and security and are key players in our service oriented team. To be successful in this position, you must have the ability to take charge and keep calm in potential emergency situations. MAC lifeguards are expected to monitor pool decks for cleanliness and immediately notify housekeeping or maintenance of any concerns or requests for clean up. Lifeguards are expected to engage with members, guests and staff to provide a premium level experience during every visit. This is a part-time position. We are hiring for opening shifts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains constant surveillance of members and guests who are using the aquatic facilities; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of members & guests in the event of an emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Attends weekly, monthly or quarterly team meetings as assigned or needed
- Regularly promotes activities and programs and be knowledgeable of all programming, upcoming activities and special events.
- Current Lifeguard - CPR/AED/First Aid Certification Required
- Strong background and experience in customer service
- Energetic, self-starter with strong work ethic
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exhibit a high degree of competence in supporting the guest experience
- Ability to command attention, project voice and speak clearly to groups of people of all ages
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to be flexible with scheduling needs and have availability especially during early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Full-time employees may choose from a comprehensive benefit & welfare package including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Facility use privileges including exercise room, climbing gym, swimming pools, and exercise classes
- Free parking
- Discounted public transportation passes
- 401(k) retirement program with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Access to Headspace wellness app
- Discounted club services and meals
COVID-19 considerations: Your health and safety are a top priority at the MAC. In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities, we have implemented specific precautionary measures and processes for employees. Beginning October 1, 2021, all MAC employees must be fully vaccinated or have been approved for a legal exception. Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks following receiving the second dose of a two-dose or one dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccination. Job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination or securing a documented and approved medical or religious exception.